The sport of archery is thousands of years old. Modern bows and arrows make it an enjoyable activity for all ages. Our new 3-lane archery range is located at 12 Fenix Lane. Look for the directional sign on DeSoto Blvd. near Ponce de Leon Dr.
Many types of bows are used in range shooting, including recurve, long, and compound bows, which require greater upper torso strength in the shoulders and arms to shoot. The HSV archery range includes markings for 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 foot ranges from targets.
Annual Archery passes are $50 for an individual, $75 for a couple. Archery is also part of the Annual Recreation Bundle. See fee schedule here.
- Follow archery shooting procedures.
- Number of arrows in = number of arrows out.
- Only shoot at designated targets.
- Always be aware of the target and what is beyond the target.
- Always keep bow pointed toward targets.
- Always draw bow with arrow parallel to the ground.
- Only nock arrows at the shooting line
- Always have an arrow knocked when drawing to eliminate the possibility of a dry fire.
- Do not broadhead or use crossbows at POA targets. These are only allowed if a member brings his own target and shoots in designated areas set by the POA.
- Anyone 18 and under must be under adult supervision.
- No pets allowed.
- Verify that the range is clear.
- Give “Range is Hot” or similar command to indicate shooting may commence.
- When finished shooting, set bow down and wait behind the shooting line until all archers are finished shooting.
- Give a “Cease Fire” or similar command to indicate all shooting should stop.
- Verify all equipment is put down and remains behind the shooting line.
- Proceed to the targets to retrieve arrows.